Quiet Light Communications is a full-service advertising and marketing communications agency with a singular focus on the food sector (food ingredients, foodservice, equipment, nutraceuticals, food processing). We are the light behind our clients – helping them to shine in the marketplace, through thoughtful strategic planning and stellar, unparalleled creative. We are passionate about our service to our customers and we thrive on developing winning strategies that drive sales.
This part-time position is responsible for supporting the Public Relations & Social Media Manager in executing social media strategies for all QLC clients. There is potential for this to become a full-time position.
- Draft and curate monthly social media content for clients and internal team
- Scheduling social media posts and listening for engagement opportunities online
- Monitor and pull social analytics to inform quarterly earned media tracking reports
- Conduct social media audits for clients considering this service
- Assist with the updating of media lists and monitoring online publications
- Support Public Relations & Social Media manager with special event logistic work
- Virtually attend and participate in client meetings, presentations, brainstorms and project briefing meetings
- Ensure project management tools, such as status reports and Basecamp, are up to date
- Fulfill administrative duties including sorting, collating and others as assigned
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Pursuing or already have a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, advertising or business-related field (or equivalent experience)
- Ability to undertake social media writing assignments along with fluency in AP Style
- Comprehension of social media best practices including writing, scheduling content and organizing content
- Comfort with client interactions necessary for success in this position
- Strong initiative and work ethic
- Successful in multitasking across multiple projects
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Quiet Light Communications is based in Rockford, Illinois. This position is ideally based in our IL offices. However, we will consider remote applicants.
As part of our team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Best themed potlucks in the area
Above all, here at Quiet Light, we value a person we can trust in all aspects of the job, and a person who is able to thrive as a team player in our closely-knit company. At Quiet Light we don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we do get serious results.