Quiet Light Communications is a full-service advertising and marketing communications agency with a singular focus on the food sector (food ingredients, foodservice, equipment, nutraceuticals, food processing). We are the light behind our clients – helping them to shine in the marketplace, through thoughtful strategic planning and stellar, unparalleled creative. We are passionate about our service to our customers and we thrive on developing winning strategies that drive sales.
We are seeking a communications expert with a passion for food and a drive to stay up to date on trends and how they impact B2B marketing. This position is responsible for leading, executing and reporting on communications plans for all QLC clients, which includes media relations, social media management and content production.
Reports To: President
- Develop annual communication plans, working closely with Media Planner, to create an integrated recommendation for PR, social media and industry involvement
- Foster relationships with editors within the B2B food industry—leading editorial pitching efforts, meeting with them at tradeshows and conferences, and ensuring media lists stay up to date
- Produce social media content in collaboration with the creative team
- Write content, such as white papers, press releases, scripts, key talking point documents and/or blog posts
- Distribute press releases to key editor lists and via the wire
- Schedule social media posts and listen for engagement opportunities online
- Report quarterly on KPI’s with earned media tracking reports
- Conduct social media audits for clients considering this service
- Manage communication vendors, including Cision, AgoraPulse and LinkTree
- Provide training and support to client internal experts on media relations and social media fluency
- Stay abreast of current pop culture trends and how they can translate to B2B clients (Example: No Bones Day Trend on TikTok)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, advertising or business-related field (or equivalent experience)
- At least 5 years of PR/social media experience (agency preferred)
- Extensive knowledge of ever-evolving social media platforms
- Demonstrated creative design capabilities and a proven eye for detail
- Exemplary presentation and relationship building skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Must be highly organized and able to work independently
- Experience with social media scheduling and PR reporting tools, such as Cision, AgoraPulse and LinkTree
- Some travel may be required
As part of our team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible, remote schedule
- Health Insurance
- Family-friendly work atmosphere
- Rad, talented coworkers
- Summer Fridays (half days on Friday Memorial to Labor Day)
Quiet Light Communications is based in Rockford, Illinois.
Remote applicants considered.