Recipe Of The Month: Desert Heat Cocktail
Consumers today crave a combination of flavors.
While uncertainty has them reaching for nostalgic flavors — especially sweet ones, lack of travel has them longing for more adventurous global ingredients that bring the heat.
Nutritional Outlook reports this is leading to an uptick in the interest in spicy-and-sweet blends:
“For product manufacturers and flavor suppliers, this provides an opportunity to delight, to comfort, and perhaps to capture a new wave of consumers who could remain loyal even after the pandemic’s restrictions lift.”
This impending “flavor renaissance” has us inspired, so we crafted our own Desert Heat cocktail, featuring jalapeño and pineapple — just in time for National Tequila Day.
To recreate this summer beverage for your next cookout, see the recipe below. Cheers!
- 1.5 oz silver tequila
- 1.5 oz whiskey
- 1.5 oz pineapple juice
- 3 dashes cherry bitters
- 3 dashes orange bitters
- 2 basil leaves
- 1-3 jalapeño slices without seeds (start with 1 and increase to desired heat level)
- In a shaker, muddle the basil and jalapeño with muddling tool or wooden spoon.
- Add other ingredients and ice, shake 8-10 seconds.
- Dress rim of cocktail glass with sea salt and add ice.
- Strain over fresh ice, garnish with pineapple slice or lime.