Dragon fruit is having a moment on the restaurant menu and the grocery shelf. With its vivid magenta color and impressive nutritious profile, it is easy to see why consumers are flocking to this Instagrammable fruit.
With today being National Smoothie Day and summer officially in full swing, now is the perfect time to try this tropical fruit, also called pitahaya or strawberry pear, for yourself at home.
Art Director Quentin Oliver shares his family’s favorite way to enjoy this trending ingredient.
- 12 oz frozen dragon fruit
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 1 cup of frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup fresh spinach
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. raw honey or agave nectar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- Combine frozen fruit, yogurt, spinach, chia seeds, honey, vanilla and milk in a blender, and process until very smooth.
- Add more almond milk as necessary to thin to desired texture.