We introduced you to Kat Cook earlier this month. And because everyone at QLC is a foodie inside and outside the office, we have one of her signature recipes to share with you.
- 3 Tbsp. butter/cooking oil
- 1.5 lbs. chicken thighs
- 4 jalapenos; 3 chopped, 1 sliced into thin rounds
- ½ yellow onion, chopped
- 3 tsp. chopped garlic
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 5 oz. sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat cast iron skillet over medium heat; while warming, season chicken thighs with salt & pepper. Add 2 Tbsp. butter/oil to skillet. Brown thighs until cooked through, then remove from pan and set aside to cool.
- While chicken is cooling, add 1 Tbsp. butter/oil to skillet along with diced jalapenos and onions. Cook until softened (about 5 min) then add 3 tsp. garlic until fragrant (about 30 sec). **While jalapenos/onions are cooking, go ahead and preheat oven to 375 and cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. *An extra set of hands for this step is helpful.
- Add bacon, cream cheese and sour cream to skillet, stir to combine, and turn heat too low. Once combined, add chicken back to pan and stir again. Then, add ½ cup shredded cheddar and stir again.
- Top skillet with remaining shredded cheddar and sliced jalapeno rounds. Put skillet in oven, uncovered for 20 minutes (broil for an additional 3-5 minutes if you would like cheese to be crispy).
Serve over rice, if desired