Quiet Light Communications is a full-service advertising and marketing communications agency with a singular focus on the food sector (food ingredients, foodservice, equipment, nutraceuticals, food processing). We are the light behind our clients – helping them to shine in the marketplace, through thoughtful strategic planning and stellar, unparalleled creative. We are passionate about our service to our customers and we thrive on developing winning strategies that drive sales.
We are seeking a full-time Web Developer to build and maintain websites and web applications for our clients. As part of our smart, mutually supportive and growing web team, the Web Developer will work on projects alongside our designers, writers, account executives and production managers to build anything from simple landing pages to complex, multilingual sites, to applications, to REST APIs for our mobile apps.
- Keep websites current and competitive
- Keep up to date on technology trends and innovations to keep the agency on the leading edge of interactive design/implementation
- Will work with a diversity of projects and clients and be counted on for good ideas, creative problem-solving and providing feedback
- Must have at least 2+ years of recent programming experience
- Must possess proven ability to work individually and in a team environment
- Must be adaptive and flexible, follow loose directions and be constantly looking for the best ways to find solutions to our client’s problems
The ideal candidate should be proficient in:
- PHP 7+
- HTML 5
- CSS 3
Stronger consideration will be given to applicants who have experience with:
- CMSs (WordPress, CraftCMS, Magento, ExpressionEngine)
- PHP frameworks (Laravel, Symfony)
- Linux command line
- E-commerce development
Quiet Light Communications is based in Rockford, Illinois.
Remote applicants considered.
As part of our team, you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible, remote schedule
- Health Insurance
- Family-friendly work atmosphere
- Rad, talented coworkers
- Summer Fridays (half days on Friday Memorial to Labor Day)
Above all, here at Quiet Light, we value a person we can trust in all aspects of the job, and a person who is able to thrive as a team player in our closely-knit company. At Quiet Light we don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we do get serious results.